Monday 24 April 2017

Games and learning

Recently I spoke to another home educator who told me that board games are a great and fun way to help with learning. She also told me that the best place to get them from are charity shops. This way if we don't like them then I don't have to fret about how much money I spent.
So... today my daughter and I board a bus and went trawling charity shops. We actually did fantastically. We even bought a chemistry set that has lots of different tools - I think we have to buy the stuff for it but I am not worrying about that now especially when I only paid a couple of pounds.
As soon as we got home my daughter wanted to play Kerplunk. I have not played this since a child but it was really good fun and at the end we got to count up the marbles to see who has one. On another plus, it had a golden ball and you can decide whether to add five points or minus five, etc. So definitely a great way to have fun with numbers. Well worth the £1.99 I paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment